PARTNER: JEAN-OLIVIER D'ORIA
The practice is conducted by Jean-Olivier d'ORIA, who has over 15 years' experience advising private clients in their wealth management, family and matrimonial issues, with a growing international focus.
With a long-term pro-bono involvement in advocating for victims of violence, Jean-Olivier d'ORIA's approach is based on empathy and solid legal work. He has built a loyal client base of high-net-worth individuals who value a close personal relationship with a trusted adviser for the management of their assets.
SMITH D’ORIA works jointly with proven correspondents for international tax matters and estate planning issues.
Two associates, Karine d'ORIA, Of Counsel and artists manager, and Arthus NOËL, support the practice.
The experience of the practice covers the following operations:
• Intellectual property: defence and protection of intellectual property rights, such as copyright, trademarks and patents, license agreements, privacy and release contracts;
• Art market law: Legal assistance and advice to artists, galleries, collectors, auction houses, experts, antique dealers, cultural institutions; litigation relating to the authenticity, the origin and the ownership of works of art ; disputes regarding liability of experts, auction houses and auctioneers; Karine d'ORIA is also an artists manager;
• Real Estate transaction and negotiation: management of confidential sale or research mandates;
• Property rights: assets acquisition and management; operations of patrimonial liquidation in the context of family or succession disputes;
• Civil liability law: liability and compensation litigation.