PARTNER : ISABELLE SMITH MONNERVILLE
Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE has over 30 years' experience in international commercial transactions. In her work in a context of of global, permanent and accelerated economic change, Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE has acquired substantial references in the fields of insolvency, creditors’ rights and the management of disruption risks in the supply chain.
Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE is a member of INSOL (International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals). She is also a member of the working groups of the ICC Commercial Legal Practice Commission, and a contributor of the Doing Business Project of the World Bank for the insolvency section since 2006. She is a frequent speaker at international events on topics related to insolvency, at the International Chamber of Commerce – ICC, International Bar Association – IBA and Inter-Pacific Bar Association – IPBA.
The experience of the practice covers the following operations:
• Restructuring of investments (tourism resorts, industrial investments, French operations of distressed international groups);
• Pre-insolvency assistance to the debtor for the renegotiation of public and private liabilities;
• Representation of creditors: analysis and declaration of claim, protective set-offs, minimisation of risks and losses, creditor representation in the capacity of controller of the collective procedure, assistance to creditors in the collective renegotiation of claims in pre-insolvency procedures (safeguard, conciliation, ad hoc mandate);
• Repossession claims and negotiation of deliverables with distressed suppliers, continuation agreements;
• Out-of-court or judicial defeasance of distressed subsidiaries or divisions;
• Assistance in take-over of all or part of insolvent undertakings;
• Collective procedure litigation.