PARTNER : ISABELLE SMITH MONNERVILLE
Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE has over 30 years' experience in the international legal environment. She advises companies at all stages of their development, from their formation, through all the various internal and external stages of their growth, changes and restructurings, and up to their sale and/or the prevention of their insolvency.
Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE is co-author of the Model Share Purchase Agreement of the International Chamber of Commerce – ICC and a member of the working group of the same organisation which prepares the Model Asset Purchase Agreement.
Using the know-how and methods developed for the assistance of foreign investors, Isabelle SMITH MONNERVILLE assists in the domestic operations of French clients.
The practice is supported by an associate, Romain ARNAUD and a legal executive, Anaïs HORION.
The experience of the practice covers the following operations:
Changes in share capital and structuring
• Shareholder agreements;
• Organisation of data-rooms and legal due diligence (for both vendors and purchasers);
• Acquisitions and sales of companies;
• Asset purchase agreements;
• Corporate Governance strategy and implementation;
• Domestic and international joint-ventures;
• Equity funding: share capital increase and equity restructuring, mergers, de-mergers and asset contributions;
• Company Law and company secretariat;
• Corporate Social Responsibility strategy: advice on risk management programs; compliance program advice.
Strategy and management of disputes:
• Post-acquisition disputes (earn-out, price adjustment, warranties);
• Shareholder disputes (enforcement of shareholder or sale agreements, undue use of majority/minority powers);
• Corporate officer liability.